Lucy dressed as Dora this year. This was the easiest costume. I could have purchased a store bought Dora costume, but really....why? All I needed for the costume was orange shorts (which I picked up at a yard sale for .25), a pink shirt (which we already had) and yellow socks. I did buy a plush backpack for her to wear, but that was the most expensive item I needed to buy. I think her cosutme turned out great and people knew who she was supposed to be. I heard several little girls say, "hey look, she's dressed like Dora". So, I say it was a success.
Waiting in line to get into Boo at the Zoo
Riding the train for the first time
Here are a few pictures from our fun day.
In the car on the way to the Pumpkin Patch!
Mommy and Lucy with one of the haybale guys.
Lucy and the turkey
Lucy and the pumpkin house
The straw maze for the little ones.
She's grown so much since last year!
One of the pumpkin displays
Family shot. Too bad there are so many shadows.
We ran into some good friends at the pumpkin patch and this is Lucy with her friend Meredith. They had a great time playing in the pumpkins while the grown ups chatted for a bit. You'd never guess that Lucy is a year younger than Meredith. They are the same size!
Trying to find just the right one to take home.
Finally decided on this one!
Stopping to smell the flowers.
Some of my favorite scenes. They do such a great job of making everything look so beautiful.
Such a great day. If you've never been to The Great Pumpkin Patch in Arthur, you really should make an effort to go. It's always worth it.
2 comments:
I'm a little disappointed in you and Dan. You should have gone dressed as Boots, and Dan could have been Benny. For shame.
I'm a little disappointed in you and Dan. You should have gone dressed as Boots, and Dan could have been Benny. For shame.
Post a Comment