Wednesday, March 3, 2010

All I want is a package of 4x6 notecards. Is that too much to ask for?? Have you bought notecards recently? Well, I have and they do NOT make them the way they used to. Notecards used to be made of a heavier paper that was actually sturdy. I picked up a new package at Walmart last week. They were the Oxford brand but when I opened them up and felt them I was so disgusted. They were soooooo flimsy, not much thicker than construction paper.

The last package I bought came from the dollar store and they were much nicer than the Oxford brand. So I went back to the dollar store tonight, bought a new package, got home and it's the same thing. Flimsy! This time I bought the Mead brand. I don't remember what I got the last time, but apparently they don't sell them anymore as this was all I could find at the dollar store

You might be wondering why I do desparately want 4x6 notecards. I use them for my recipes. I would much rather write down new recipes on regular notecards rather than the fancy ones made for recipes. I like that I have lots of room to write and they're cheap enough so if I mess up and want to start over I don't feel guilty for wasting them. I'm just extremely frustrated that I can't find what I am looking for. So, if you know a place I can stock up on some heavy duty notecards, let me know!

No comments: