Sunday, February 21, 2010

Will you be my friend? Confirm or Ignore

Let's see, how old am I again?? I'm... *ahem* 34.

Gosh, seeing that number...I really don't feel 34. And somedays I still feel like a teenager thanks to Facebook.

Ahhh, remember the teenage years? Such drama.

Now, I LOVE Facebook. I pink puffy heart Facebook. But last week I was....*hanging head* .... unfriended.

I know. You're shocked right? Why would anyone unfriend me? I'm a fun girl! I try to be polite and considerate on Facebook. I'm not sure why this happened. The bad thing is, I can't very well come out and ask this person why she didn't think I was friend worthy anymore. Well, I guess I could but I'm really not a confrontational kinda girl. Actually, confrontation makes me sick to my stomach. I don't handle it well. I get all sweaty and shakey. It's not pretty.

Now this person who unfriended me isn't someone I'm close to. She's someone I used to know along time ago and I recently found her on FB and added her as a friend. We chatted for awhile and swapped stories of where we've been the last 20 years. She and I are very different in almost every aspect of life. So, it's really not a huge deal that this happened, but I did get my feelings hurt. My feelings were hurt especially because I seem to be the only one who was unfriended. (we had a handful of mutual friends)

I suppose life will go on. I chuckled a bit about it as well because it just reminded me of being in High School. I really thought once I graduated I wouldn't have to worry about things like this anymore. And for sure it's not something I ever thought I'd worry about in my 30's. So I guess I can thank FB for making me feel young again! :)

What about you? Have you been unfriended on FB?

4 comments:

Nicki said...

I think I've been unfriended twice. Once was my midwife and in retrospect it wasn't appropriate to be her friend in the first place even though she felt more like a friend than a midwife.

The second time I'm not really sure if we were ever facebook friends but I do know that now I can't ask this person to be my friend, which I think means they've unfriended you at some point. That person was my best friend in high school. I wasn't hurt because she is a bit weird like that but I was very confused.

On the topic of feeling young....I was buying wine yesterday to make a new recipe. I haven't bought alcohol since I was like 22. The whole time I was in line I was thinking "please card me" because how old would I feel if they didn't?

PrincessBrideJo said...

I don't know if I have ever been unfriended unless it likes tells me it happened.

I am totally with you on the confrontation thing except i just cry hysterically. It isn't so helpful in therapy. She thinks I am real depressed because I cry all the time, it really is just too much confrontation for me. Of course maybe that could use some therapy...haha!

Tonya said...

I have been unfriended once, not accepted as a friend and have unfriended others. I've experienced it all! haha A couple of the people I have unfriended was because we really didn't communicate at all on fb. I felt kind of bad about it, but figured they probably wouldn't notice. You're right - it is like high school! Crazy!

Monica said...

I have been unfriended...by a relative. She at least unfriended my sister-in-law too, but kept my brother-in-law. Weird. I've also not had a friend request accepted, and that was a bit annoying too. He is somewhat "famous" now, but I knew him before that in high school, and we were friends. The NERVE! :)