Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My month of menus

I have a 3 ring binder that sits on my counter and it's where I keep my menu for the week and upcoming month. I also keep all my old menus in there as well and when I sit down to plan my new month, I flip through the old months worth of menus to get ideas. Well, I have almost a year full of menus and it's getting a little bit too much for my binder. So, the other night I went through my old menus and wrote down all the recipes that we eat on a regular basis. I also jotted down all the "quick and easy" type meals I do for lunches and then I typed them up into a neat list that can now take the place of my stack of menus. I think I have about 50 meals on my list and I'm hoping this makes my meal planning a little more efficient.

Here's what's on the menu this week and the rest of the month :
(I've already changed some things)

Week 1

Monday
L-sloppy joes (we had lunchmeat sandwiches instead)
D- Lucy had PBJ with fruit cause Dan and I went to a meeting at the library
Tuesday
L-hot chicken salad, bread and veggies
D- meatloaf muffins, mashed potato cups, bread and veggie
Wednesday
L-leftover chicken salad
D- BBQ pork shoulder (not sure if this will happen as I need to get to kroger's today and pick one up. might push this one back a few days)
Thursday
L-left-overs if possible
D- tortellini and ham, bread and fruit
Friday
L-leftover tortellini and ham
D- birthday party to go to and will eat there
Saturday
L-frozen homemade pizza
D- date night for Dan and I
Sunday
L- Wendy's
D- whole wheat pancakes, eggs and fruit

Week 2
Monday
L-lunchmeat sandwiches
D-crockpot drumsticks, butter/garlic noodles and veggie
Tuesday
L-beef faitas
D- porcupine meatballs, wild rice and vegetable
Wednesday
L-left-over drumsticks
D-cheeseburger soup, bread
Thursday
L-leftover soup
D- chili mac
Friday
L-left-over chili mac
D- pizza
Saturday
L-crockpot italian beef, chips and fruit
D- chicken casserole, blueberry muffins, veggie
Sunday
L- italian beef sandwiches
D-whole wheat waffles, scrambled eggs and ham

Week 3

Monday
L-chicken quesidillas
D- zesy crockpot chicken, bread and vegetable
Tuesday
L-leftovers
D-crockpot beef stew and buttermilk biscuits
Wednesday
L-leftovers
D- heavenly meat sauce with rigatoni pasta, garlic bread
Thursday
L-leftovers
D-chili
Friday
L-chicken bites and waffle fries
D- pizza
Saturday
L-leftover pizza
D- datenight
Sunday
L-out for lunch
D- whole wheat pancakes, bacon and eggs

Week 4

Monday
L-grilled cheese sandwich
D- crockpot vegetable soup
Tuesday
L- leftover soup
D- saucy italian orzo (new recipe)
Wednesday
L- leftovers
D- parmesan crusted chicken, smashed potatos, green beans
Thursday
L- salads with leftover chicken, pbj for lucy
D- pot roast, mashed potato cups, vegetable
Friday
L- pot roast sandwich, chips and fruit
D- pizza
Saturday
L- ground beef stroganoff
D- ? maybe go out?
Sunday
L-leftover stroganoff, bread and veggie
D- whole wheat pancakes


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am impressed that you and Dan have a date night twice a month. I don't remember the last time I had a date. Paul doesn't like to pay babysitters.

Kristin said...

Well, I put that on there, but I don't know for sure it'll happen. I'm being hopeful! We don't pay babysitters. :) Dan's folks live nearby and my mom watches her for us too. Dan's sister also lives about 5 minutes away and we have left Lucy there a few times. It's nice having family close by!

Amanda said...

So...i need to see pictures of your binder and a copy of your meal plan form...once we move I need to get organized pretty quickly before the new baby is born...and I like the concept!